Issue 2 Release Mid-September
In This Issue
The Resilience and Persistence of Jingkun Xu sets the benchmark for this powerful issue… complemented by an upbeat mix of bluewater action sailing, valuable insights and enticing destinations. Captivating articles, images and videos deliver a perfect blend of entertainment.
Allure & Magic of Riding Sails | Why is a Riding Sail the Cinderella of Anchoring Gear?
– James Miller takes a deep dive into the science of Riding Sails and the evolution of their designs from a simple mizzen sail to 3D dynamics.
Solo Grit | Sailing Beyond Misfortune to Mastery
– This story penned by Warren Cottis could be described as Jingkun Xu’s ‘Hero’s Journey’… it’s an incredible example of the human spirit refusing to ever, ever give up… Persistence is victory.
Attack of the Kraken | A Wild Sailing Yarn or The Evidence Doesn’t Lie?
– Perhaps the strangest sailing story you’ll ever encounter… but the evidence from Ken Cole and Beth Van Zummeren is very compelling.
Performance Cruising Catamarans | Beauty or Beast?
– Mark Silverstein takes you in-depth on this hot topic and gives you a balanced approach to deciding if they are right for your lifestyle.
Destination – Shag Islet, Australia | Home of the Wild & Wacky World of the Shaggers
– The sun is setting over a turquoise sea and fellow sailors flock together with laughter and camaraderie… everyone sharing a unique bond. There’re “Shaggers” and proud of it… discovers Warren Cottis.
The World of Sailing – Japan | It’s the New Cruising Frontier
– Exquisite scenery, superb food, and hot baths… Kirk R. Patterson explains why Japan is the new must-visit cruising destination.
Sailing Faster Than the Wind | How is It Possible?
– This deep dive video from Garry Sagert exposes the magic of blending physics with high-tech materials to defy previous limits.
Mastering the Storm | Essential Game Plans
– With over 300,000 nautical miles of experience, Chris Stanmore-Major maps out the vital planning for handling high wind conditions.
Sailing Roulette | The High-Stakes Game of Taking to Sea Underprepared
– Leading ASA instructor, Tim Geisler, details why there’s more to seamanship than YouTube videos and influencers suggest.
Papagayo Pounding | Let the Carnage Commence…
– Tom and Peter of SV Bohemia do battle with this often treacherous Papagayo wind off the coast of Costa Rica. Craig Evans presents their forty-plus knot experience in a very entertaining video.